If you follow me on Facebook at all, you know that my Smash book is my latest obsession. However, I learned quickly that if I wasn’t careful, I’d go broke buying all the cool accessories they make for it. So I decided to come up with a way to create some Smash pockets with the scrapping supplies I already have (and there is a lot).
What You’ll Need:
Cardstock of your choice
Scoring Board (optional really, but very handy)
Glue or tape runner
1. Measure your Smash Book. The good part about this is that, once you measure you won’t need to remeasure if you want to make more.
2. Decide what size you want your pocket. I chose 6″ x 5″ (will be 5.5″ x 4.5″), but the beauty of this is, once you know how to make the pocket, you can really do any size you want!
3. Choose and Cut your cardstock.
4. Score on all sides at the half inch mark using your scoring board.
5. Using small scissors, clip out the square at each corner.
6. Fold in and glue down one flap. This will be your pocket lip.
7. Fold in sides and glue or tape down.
8. Fold up the bottom flap and only tack down the corners. This is so your pocket has a secure bottom.
9. To secure into your Smash Book, add glue or tape runner to the sides and bottom of your pocket but not the pocket edge you created first.
Flip over and press down.
And there you have it! Your own DIY Smash Pocket. 🙂
House of Hepworths – See Sidebar